I am an experienced speaker and panellist, and have made guest appearances on a number of games-related podcasts. I have also worked as an adjunct lecturer, teaching game design and production techniques.
My speaking topics have included:
- Practical tips on inclusive design, for a variety of games industry disciplines
- Guidance on getting started in the games industry
- Founding and maintaining communities related to game development
- Nordic Game
- The Art of Letting More People Play Your Game (2016)
- AMaze Berlin
- Queerness and Games Conference (QGcon)
- Ritual Play: Witchcraft, Self-care and Queerness in Games (2018)
- Creative Coast Festival
- Owning Our Space (2017)
- Lyst Summit
- Conférencière (2016)
- Other events have included Castle Game Jam, Gotland GAME Conference, Loncon 3: the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention and Nine Worlds Geekfest.
I was co-host of the Diversi Podcast, which ran from 2015-16. In it, we discussed diversity issues and efforts in the games industry through panel discussions and guest interviews. I was also co-host of The Geek Night In – a free-form, conversational podcast addressing geek media.
My guest appearances on other podcasts include:
- Not a Game Podcast #73 “Sophisticated People Smuggling Simulator”
- Not a Game Podcast #46 “Social Media Rapscallion” (live at Radius Festival)
- Indie Haven Podcast #51 “Gemma Thomson, Mimic”
- Not a Game Podcast #40 “Hex Shagger”