“Waybinder” is an interactive novella: a work of occult fantasy which explores ritual witchcraft, the nature of journeys, and what it might mean to shape destinies both large and small.
- Guide an entire city towards its inauguration, in a ritual of your discovery and making
- Explore four main, interwoven branches — each a destiny waiting to be formed
- Meet a diverse cast of characters, some of whom speak a language which is not necessarily your own
- The adventure unfolds in continuous format, there to be read back as a short story if so desired
- Features content written in gàidhlig (Scots Gaelic), complete with pronunciation guides for English-speakers
My contributions: narrative, scripting, web & graphic design.
Tools: Twine, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visio
Exhibited at: Nordic Game 2019
Arshean was once a cursed place; its inhabitants scattered to the four winds. Generations later, practitioners have returned to establish the imbued city of Baile Arainn. Within its protective walls, bond-architect Cormac Giphert strives to make his mark in the field, using ritual magic to shape the destiny of an entire city. But when disaster strikes at its very arteries, he may find himself having to heal and reform more than he bargained for.